Friday, May 25, 2012

Post Rock Music



Hi, today I will talk about the post rock music and one of my favorite band. This kind of music has many characteristics. For example the sound incorporates characteristics from a variety of musical genres likes Jazz, electronic, ambient and experimental. The compositions often make use of repetition of musical motifs and subtle changes with an extremely wide range of dynamics. The vocals aren`t so important, the most important is the music. But when vocals are included, the use is typically non-traditional. For example some post-rock bands employ vocals as purely instrumental efforts and incidental to the sound. They are so many post rock bands, but they are untitled. The most important band or the most famous exponent is “Sigur Ros”. They are from Iceland. Their music has a combination between ambient and rock sound, like guitar, bass. Their albums are so beautiful, I like listen it in my long travels, when I can see the landscape out side, through the window. 

1 comment:

  1. I like it! there is a documentary about them in youtube.

    ReplyDelete